RUSK TYPES AND RECIPES
There are different Rusk (double oven dried bread) types, sizes and shapes, the popular are:
1) Wheat Rusk with whole grain wheat flour is a regular (big) size
Ingredients: (Whole grain wheat flour, salt, sourdough, yeast).
2) Rye Rusk with whole grain rye flour is a regular size (big) and mini size
Ingredients: (Whole grain rye flour, salt, sourdough, yeast).
3) Barley Rusk with whole grain barley flour is a regular (big) size mini size and mini roll size
Ingredients: (Whole grain barley flour, salt, sourdough, yeast)
4) Eptazymo Rusk with grind chickpea is regular (big) size
Ingredients: (Wheat flour, grind chickpeas, sesame, black sesame, seasonings).
Use as it is: Anyone can use, except the ones with intolerance to gluten.
The Cretan Rusk product replacing bread for toppings and spreads up to your imagination, with tea or coffee, wine or other types of alcoholic beverages with the advantages to create a distinctive flavor rich of fibers and plenty of other nutritional values
HEALTHY SNACK QUICK EASILY DONE RECIPE WITH GREEK CRETAN RUSK
Quick recipe to enjoy a Healthy Nutritious snack or meal with Traditional Cretan Rusk and also suitable for vegetarians, is a typical Mediterranean diet dish.
Materials set aside:
Extra Virgin olive oil
Ripe Tomatoes (chopped or grated)
Feta Cheese (crumbled) or other shredded cheese
Greek Olives chopped (optional)
Cilantro chopped (optional)
1) Wet Rusk by dip in to a bowl of water for 1-2 seconds then slightly shake to drain the extra water from the Rusk.
2) Place the Rusk in a plate and then use the topping your already prepared as follows:
3) Sprinkle some extra virgin olive oil on the Rusk, seasoning with oregano and salt,
4) Spread the fresh grated tomato on the Rusk,
5) Spread the crumbled feta or shredded other cheese you prefer on top of the tomato
6) Sprinkle extra virgin olive oil again on the top and seasoning with oregano, pepper and Greek Olives
You able to use your imagination in other spreads, paste or sauce to create your suitable taste
KALI OREKSI (BON APPETIT)