KIS (Korea International School in Shenzhen) was founded in September 2005 and has students and teachers from over 20 different countries.
We commit ourselves to nurturing our students, equipping them to serve as leaders with knowledge and integrity in this globalized society.
KIS Core Value
- Our core purpose is providing students with engaging, challenging, meaningful and fulfilling work which can be applied in real life situations.
- We believe that all our students, personnel and parents deserve a safe, healthy, inviting, and respectful learning environment that promotes sense of community and pride.
- We believe every child can learn and each child can learn more than he or she is now learning.
- We believe student effort, attention and commitment affect learning outcomes at least as much as intellectual ability.
- We believe profound learning is facilitated by being responsive to the diversity of our students.
- We believe parental and community involvement and support will enhance the educational process of our students.
Curriculum – A Brief Overview
The curriculum at KIS has been designed for this school- its students, its internationalism and its Asian content setting. The academic program is based predominantly on the U.S system but is enhanced by the latest curriculum materials, resources and teaching practices from South Korea, the United Kingdom, Canada, the U.S and international school bodies.
Students engage in a wide range of interactive learning experiences, both on and off campus. These activities assist each student to develop a sound core of knowledge, a sense of logic, intellectual confidence, and life-long learning skills. Most importantly, the school aims to foster a lasting love of learning.