2021 放假安排 Holiday schedule
9th February – 17th February
How much money to put in a red envelope?
Here’s a guidance for you if you’re new to this tradition.
01 Who do you need to give red envelopes to?
- 1.Elderly to young people/kids
- 2.Young people who have jobs or are married to parents & grandparents & kids
Basically, if you’re working, you should prepare red envelopes for the kids in the family and your parents & grandparents. It
s also nice and well-mannered to give red envelopes to your friends kids if you meet during the new year holiday.
In some places, like Guangdong Province, people who’re not married do not give envelopes. Because people see marriage as a sign of adulthood, not the age.
3.Business owners to employees
It’s very common for business owners to give employees red envelopes. It shows their appreciation for the hard work of the employees.
02 How much money should I put in the red envelopes?
There are different standers in different places. Here’s the map to show you.
You should avoid unlucky numbers like 4, 7, 250 for the amount of the money you put in the red envelopes.
Here are some recommended numbers: 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000
For people who’re celebrating Chinese New Year in Putian area Fujian province, I would like to say good luck~
How to contact us？
- Name: Hanlin Language Center HLC汉林
- Address: Shekou Campus: Room 706, Building A, Li`an Business Tower, Wanghai Road, Shekou 蛇口总部：南山区蛇口望海路利安商务大厦A座706 Futian Campus: Room 1606, Block D, Grand China International finance Center, NO. 1003 Shennan Road, Futian福田校区：福田区深南大道1003号大中华国际金融中心D座1606
- WeChat: Maya-Feng / Angela-HLC
- Tel: 0755-21616006
- Email: [email protected]
Originally published on Hanlin Language Center