[UPDATE] GermanChamber’s 11th Update:
How to Donate Medical Supplies to Germany
Dear Members and Friends of the German Chamber,
The German Federal Government is organizing urgent flights for relief supplies from China to Germany.
In case your company or your contacts in China would like to donate relief supplies, your willingness to help in difficult times would be greatly appreciated.
A first flight from Shanghai with relief supplies has already left on Tuesday, March 24, 2020. Additional flights are expected to take place on Thursday, Friday and Saturday (March 26, 27, and 28, 2020) and within the following weeks. Therefore, your donation will be sent to Germany in due course.
Donation Process | 捐赠流程
The forwarding company “Fiege Logistics (China) Co., Ltd” has been commissioned by the German Federal Government to directly coordinate your donation.
Please find below information on the procedure, as well as the donation material form, in order to handle your donation in the most efficient way:
- Please scan the QR Code to check this list of requirements (in Chinese, German and English) for your donation.
- Fill in this form with information about the materials to be donated.
- If you put the recipient as “Federal Republic of Germany / Federal Ministry of Health”, this donation will be processed duty free by German customs. Your donations can be transported to Germany free of charge on these flights. However, we would like to ask you to take care of the transport to the company Fiege in Shanghai at your own expense.
- Send this form to the forwarding company “Fiege”.
Contact number | 联系电话为:
(021) 6391 3136 – 603
- Representatives of “Fiege” will inform you within 24 hours about all relevant details, e.g. to which warehouse the donation needs to be sent.
- For further details please check this PDF by scanning the QR Code
Information on donation handling in Germany
- Your donation will be coordinated by the German Federal Ministry of Health according to domestic needs and sent to the places with the most urgent need in Germany.
- If you would like to designate the final recipient of your donation, the German Federal Government will try to meet your wish according to the specific situation when your donation arrives in Germany, but this cannot be guaranteed. If you insist on target donation to specific recipients, you will need to arrange the transportation by yourself.
In case you have questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mr. Ji LI | 李季先生
Mr. Marcus Wassmuth
Please make sure to regularly check ourwebsite |
Thank you very much for your support!
Stay informed, stay healthy!
This article was originally published on 中国德国商会GermanChamberSSW