This past week has been quite a ride. Most Covid-related restrictions in Guangzhou have been scraped or significantly reduced in severity and in Shanghai - as of today - public transit no longer requires a negative test result. Here's a synopsis of the "new balance" Covid measures being put together across over a dozen cities nationally.
There have been some positive signs here in Shenzhen although we've yet to feel the full effects of the "20 optimized measures for combating the virus" announced last month. Per a release Saturday we no longer need to provide nucleic acid test certificates to enter public places and mass transit but don't let your guard down just yet - implementation is less than perfect and polka-dotted lockdowns and 24hr code requirements still persist in some spots. In the media rhetoric is beginning to downgrade the severity of the disease and emphasize economic relief - another good sign. Yesterday our case count came in at 247 with 30 coming from community screening spread across all the major districts. We'll let you know on our Covid page when any major adjustments for us are officially announced.
In other news the greying out of many websites and interfaces you've been seeing over the past several days is being done out of respect for the former leader of China J.Z.M who passed away last Wednesday. Football continues to keep bars filled citywide, highlights include the US getting bested by the Dutch in the first knockout round on Saturday. Speaking of which - thanks to Eat Shenzhen for organizing and attendees for partaking in the beer crawl on Saturday. Here's a quick recap from Joseph. Although the SWIC offline Christmas Bazaar had to cancelled last minute - due to you-know-what - the online substitution they put together ended up working out well. Lastly, here's a short interview our good friend Pramond was featured in - if you're in the mood for Indian food whilst at Coco Park please consider having a meal at his Little Papa location there. The pandemic has hit is Shenzhen business particularly hard.
You know where to go to find all the events coming up this week ;-)
Have a good one!
-David & The NowShenzhen Team
P.S. - Please let us know how we're doing! We're always eager to improve, and we'd like to do so based on your input! You can reply directly to this email or get in touch with me personally on wechat: david-d-ho. Thanks!
This Week’s Featured News:
- Optimized Covid Measures Begins in Several Major Cities
- Nation mourns passing of former leader J.Z.M
- Nepalese Restaurant Owner Pramoud Excited about Restaurant Reopening
For the latest Shenzhen news, check out NowShenzhen.com/news.
Featured Apartment Listings
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Apartments:
- [Shekou] - Large & Spacious Apt @Dongjiaotou-4BR-140㎡-15500/Mo
- [Nanshan] - Large Apt w Seaview @Dongjiaotou-2BR-76㎡-8500/Mo
- [Shekou] - Large Apt w Seaview @ Peninsula 1-4BR-88㎡-2300/Mo
- [Nanshan]- Homey Apt w Good View @ Wanxia-2BR-65㎡-7700/Mo
- [Shekou] - Modern & Cozy Apt @ Dongjiaotou-2BR-56㎡-7000/Mo
For all the latest Shenzhen apartment listings, check out NowShenzhen.com/apartments.
Featured Job Posts
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Jobs:
- [Shenzhen] (Part Time) - American/German Trade @ Wealth Trade Center
- [Dongguan] (Full Time) - KD English Teacher @ Chucai
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - Middle Sch Bio or Physics Teacher @ Chucai
For the latest Shenzhen job posts, check out NowShenzhen.com/jobs.
Featured Event Posts
This Week’s Featured Upcoming Shenzhen Events:
- Cool Britannia New Year Dinner @ Ritz-Carlton |1/7 @6pm
- Stand-Up Comedy Open Mic Tuesdays @ The King’s Bar | 12/6 @9pm
- Low Absinth “Back to 20” National Tour Part 2 @ HOU LIVE | 12/6 @830pm
For the full event calendar of happenings in Shenzhen, check out NowShenzhen.com/events.
Have apartment, job, event, guide, or directory submissions to submit? Head on over to NowShenzhen.com/submit.
Enjoying the NowShenzhen updates and community and want to advertise? Email us at [email protected] or scan below to connect to our official WeChat account and send a message containing “interested in advertising” and we’ll follow up with you directly!