Headlining Covid news today is the compete removal of all travel restrictions between the Mainland and Hong Kong for foreigners and citizens of both regions (note: if you've traveled outside of those regions within the previous 7 days you'll still need to adhere to the 48-hour PCR test requirement) as well as a full reopening of all border crossings (previously only 8 were open). In other Covid news this past week: the tit-for-tat PCR testing requirements remain fluid between many countries and China - be sure to check your respective countries and their consulate pages for the latest, the Covid death counts continue to decline, and beginning March 1st Hong Kong will be giving away airline tickets to stimulate a revival of tourism to the region post-Covid
The Lantern Festival concluded yesterday marking the official end of the Chinese New Year - here's a taste of the festivities that took place in town. For a taste of what's to come in 2023 for our city and China at large I'd highly recommend you carve out an hour and listen to the latest installment of SCMP's "Behind the Story" podcast entitled "Asia in 2023: the post-pandemic new order" (you'll have to Google that one yourself!)
Just over 5 teams signed up for the Big Fat Quiz of the Year event. Click the link to read all the details about what to expect on Feb 10th at Favela. Valentine's Day is just around the corner so you'd be wise to get your flower and chocolates in order - we'll pick a handful of love-inspiring promotions and events to share with you in the next release. Quick tip for those of you that weren't aware - HeMa (the grocery app) ships quality fresh flowers at very fair prices.
Have a great week!!
-David & The NowShenzhen Team
P.S. - If you're in need of help related to - travel / events / housing - please directly get in touch with me personally on wechat: david-d-ho. We've access to some of the most authoritative info on those topics which unfortunately I cannot share with you here. Don't worry, I don't bite!
This Week’s Featured News:
- All Covid Travel Restrictions Lifted between Mainland, HK & Macao
- Lantern Festival Celebrations in Shenzhen
For the latest Shenzhen news, check out NowShenzhen.com/news.
Featured Apartment Listings
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Apartments:
- [Shekou] - Large Unfurnished Apt @ Shekougang - 4BR - 374㎡ - 45000/Mo
- [Nanshan] - Large Apt w Amazing Sea View -4 BR - 152㎡ - 17500/Mo
- [Shekou] - Nice Apt w Seaview @ Peninsula4-3BR-125㎡-17500/Mo
- [Nanshan] - Cozy & Safe @ Shuiwan - 3BR - 120㎡ - 12000/Mo
- [Shekou] - Large Furnished Apt @ Peninsula Garden - 4BR - 137㎡ - 16000/Mo
For all the latest Shenzhen apartment listings, check out NowShenzhen.com/apartments.
Featured Job Posts
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Jobs:
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - Event Manager @ Residence G
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - Channel Sales Manager @ Formlabs
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - History & Geography Teacher – Primary School @ BASIS Int'l School
For the latest Shenzhen job posts, check out NowShenzhen.com/jobs.
Featured Event Posts
This Week’s Featured Upcoming Shenzhen Events:
- The Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2022 | 2/10 @8pm
- Comedy Writing Workshop @ Mambo | Every 2nd Wednesday @9pm
- Brazil Day Wednesdays @ BRASS House| 2/8 @6pm
For the full event calendar of happenings in Shenzhen, check out NowShenzhen.com/events.
Have apartment, job, event, guide, or directory submissions to submit? Head on over to NowShenzhen.com/submit.
Enjoying the NowShenzhen updates and community and want to advertise? Email us at [email protected] or scan below to connect to our official WeChat account and send a message containing “interested in advertising” and we’ll follow up with you directly!