While we cook in this summer heat (brief article on that from Shenzhen's Meteorological Observatory here) the latest news out today states we've yet to curb the community transmission of this latest outbreak of the BA.2 Omicron subvariant. In other news, for a little national perspective, here's an article about China's Premier Li call for better utilization of consumption-friendly relief measures.
I had a taste of the BA.2 chaos myself this past Friday. My building was locked down for the evening due to a suspected case (luckily I was out when the notification was issued and was able to secure a boatload of groceries before returning and submitting myself to the lockdown). Fortunately, the results of the 10pm Covid test we were all required to take that evening came back negative and they lifted the control measures the following morning.
Sadly, several events we featured in last weeks posts ended up being postponed or cancelled due to this latest wave. Several venues in Shuiwei are shut down for at least the next few days. We hope and encourage those of you that are toughing it out along with us to support local businesses and organizers with your patronage and attendance when you can. We have a few events planned this coming weekend ourselves (featuring Kombucha!) that hopefully won't be interupted by the pandemic - more on those will come out later this week! As always check out our full events page for a full account of upcoming events in Shenzhen.
For those you that haven't read - here's a link to the full story about how we and Tinka Kombucha came to be working together. Lastly, our Covid page is still in the works - apologies for the continued delay.
Stay safe and hope you can find time for some self-care activites this week!
-David & The NowShenzhen Team
P.S. - I know many of our friends have been leaving and will continue to leave us during the summer holiday. Chin up! Don't worry, you're not alone, you've still got community here and we have your back! :-).
P.P.S. - if you like what we’re doing please help by reposting, forwarding, and/or asking your friends to follow our Official Account. This helps us tremendously!
This Week’s Featured News:
- Community Transmission Uncut: The Latest Covid Outbreak in Shenzhen
- Orange Alert: High Temperatures in Shenzhen into August
- Premier Calls for Better Utilization of Consumption-Friendly Relief Measures
For the latest Shenzhen news, check out NowShenzhen.com/news.
Featured Apartment Listings
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Apartments:
- [Shekou] - Elegant w Seaview @ SeaWorld - 2BR - 102㎡ - 21000/Mo
- [Nanshan]- Spacious Furnished Apt @ YiHai -2BR-80㎡-8800/Mo
- [Futian] - Hotel Style Apt @ Shangsha - 1BR - 52㎡- 6200/Mo
- [Luohu] - Cozy and Safe Apt @ Huaxin - 1BR - 52㎡- 4500/Mo
- [Baoan] - Cozy Studio Apt @ Pingzhou - 1BR - 52㎡- 2600/Mo
For all the latest Shenzhen apartment listings, check out NowShenzhen.com/apartments.
Featured Job Posts
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Jobs:
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - Academic Officer @ Chucai
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - Kindergarten Teacher @ Tutuage Agency
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - ESL Teacher @ Guangzhou Elite Education Co ltd
For the latest Shenzhen job posts, check out NowShenzhen.com/jobs.
Featured Event Posts
This Week’s Featured Upcoming Shenzhen Events:
- Summer Staycation @ Residence G | 7/1 ~ 8/31 All Day
- Amazon Hustle by Global From Asia | 7/27 @7pm
- Viktor&Rolf: MetaFashion! | 4/29~10/29 All Day
For the full event calendar of happenings in Shenzhen, check out NowShenzhen.com/events.
Have apartment, job, event, guide, or directory submissions to submit? Head on over to NowShenzhen.com/submit.
Enjoying the NowShenzhen updates and community and want to advertise? Email us at [email protected] or scan below to connect to our official WeChat account and send a message containing “interested in advertising” and we’ll follow up with you directly!