Yesterday's Covid numbers were down to 4 in total with none found in community screening. Guangzhou is topping Covid headlines today as it continues to deal with the "most complex and severest outbreak in three years," the hardest hit Haizhu district is scheduled to come out of a 3 day semi-lockdown period at midnight tonight. On Saturday they recorded a total of 1442 new cases, continuing a concerning upword trend. Lastly, in covid-related news CanSino shares surged last week after announcements that numerous cities in eastern China will begin adopting usage of their inhaled inactivated vaccine.
On the sunny-er side of local news - China recently accounced they'll be building an International Mangrove Center supported by our very own Shenzhen Mangrove Wetlands Conservation Foundation - the first local publically funded enviornmental protection focused organization in China. On a final note, you can begin getting yourself properly pumped up for the World Cup - it'll be starting up in just under 14 days! Here's the official FIFA page for the event!
In events we wanted to take a moment to highlight and encourage you to attend the Polish Picnic Event @ Residence G on Sunday being organized by our friends Piotr and Tina who hail from that great country. I'll be there myself and hope you can find the time to join us for a unique afternoon. As always please reference our full events page to see everything that's going on around town!
-David & The NowShenzhen Team
P.S. - Please let us know how we're doing! We're always eager to improve, and we'd like to do so based on your input! You can reply directly to this email or get in touch with me personally on wechat: david-d-ho. Thanks!
This Week’s Featured News:
- Guangzhou Enhances Anti-Epidemic Measures to Curb 'most complex and severest outbreak in three years'
- China to Build International Mangrove Center in Shenzhen
- CanSino Shares Jump as More Cities Adopt Inhaled COVID Vaccine
For the latest Shenzhen news, check out NowShenzhen.com/news.
Featured Apartment Listings
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Apartments:
- [Shekou] Industrial Style @ Mont Orchid - 6BR - 297㎡ - 48000/Mo
- [Nanshan] Apt w Great Decor @ Rose Garden - 4BR - 150㎡ - 17500/Mo
- [Shekou] Spacious w Good View @ Dongjiaotou - 4BR - 128㎡ - 15000/Mo
- [Nanshan] High Floor w Good City View @ Dongjiaotou - 3BR - 110㎡ - 14500/Mo
- [Shekou] Hotel Style @ Dongjiaotou - 4BR - 126㎡ - 16000/Mo
For all the latest Shenzhen apartment listings, check out NowShenzhen.com/apartments.
Featured Job Posts
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Jobs:
- [Guangzhou] (Full Time) - Drama Teacher @ Chucai
- [Guangzhou] (Full Time) - Primary Sch PE or Painting Teacher @ Chucai
- [Shenzhen] (Part Time) - Camgirl @ Aozhijian Food Shenzhen Co., LTD
For the latest Shenzhen job posts, check out NowShenzhen.com/jobs.
Featured Event Posts
This Week’s Featured Upcoming Shenzhen Events:
- TakeOut Comedy Tuesday @ Jack’s Bar and Kitchen | 11/8 @9pm
- The Polish Picnic @ Residence G | 11/13 @2pm
- Yakitori, Sake, and Friends @ Zentori| 8/15~12/31 @6pm
For the full event calendar of happenings in Shenzhen, check out NowShenzhen.com/events.
Have apartment, job, event, guide, or directory submissions to submit? Head on over to NowShenzhen.com/submit.
Enjoying the NowShenzhen updates and community and want to advertise? Email us at [email protected] or scan below to connect to our official WeChat account and send a message containing “interested in advertising” and we’ll follow up with you directly!