Biggest piece of Covid news out this past Friday were national Covid Policy updates. Here are the most consequential updates for the international travelers in bullet format:
- Reduced Quarantine time: 7+3 is now only 5+3
- Flight Bans removed - "Circuit Breaker" system has been removed
- Reduced pre-flight testing requirements: Only 1 test required in a 48 hour period (was 2 before)
- Transit testing no longer required
Here's the full official release including other policy adjustments affecting domestic covid policy adjustments.
Shenzhen Covid numbers remain low, 6 cases yesterday with none found in community screening. Guangzhou continues to struggle with over 3600 cases reported on Saturday with 25 coming from community spread. We'd strongly advise you to minimize your travel to the city for the time being if at all possible.
In other news hope y'all enjoyed the 11.11 shopping holiday if you participated. I made a few choice purchases myself in the wee hours of the 11th - lord knows I've needed a mattress update for quite some time now. A Polish national made headlines this morning for setting up a Chinese headquarters for her homeland based company and here's a taste of the onslaught of football news to come out this morning: Brentford stuns Man City
Polish Picnic was a smashing success yesterday (if I do say so myself!). Thanks to the organizers - especially Tina and Piotr - I certainly enjoyed the culture, cuisine, and the cookies! Looking ahead the World Cup and Thanksgiving are on the horizon. Here's a write up on Salt & Talks Thanksgiving offering by our friends over at EatShenzhen. Stay tuned to our full events page (on Wechat navigate to Services > Listings > Events on our official account page) to see the different World Cup events that are sure to come out this week!
Have a great week!!
-David & The NowShenzhen Team
P.S. - Please let us know how we're doing! We're always eager to improve, and we'd like to do so based on your input! You can reply directly to this email or get in touch with me personally on wechat: david-d-ho. Thanks!
This Week’s Featured News:
- Guangzhou Reports 3653 New Cases: 7 Districts Continue to Suspend Offline Teaching
- Brentford stuns Man City
- Polish Woman gets 'Mission Impossible' done in Shenzhen
For the latest Shenzhen news, check out NowShenzhen.com/news.
Featured Apartment Listings
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Apartments:
- [Shekou] Safe & Cozy @ Wanxia - 2BR - 65㎡ - 6500/Mo
- [Nanshan] Hotel Style Seaview @ Shuiwan - 2BR - 86㎡ - 13000/Mo
- [Shekou] Pink Design Apt @ Haishangshijie - 1BR - 45㎡ - 4400/Mo
- [Nanshan] Large Apt w Seaview @ Shuiwan - 2BR - 110㎡ - 16000/Mo
- [Shekou] Modern Style @ Dengliang - 3BR - 121㎡ - 18000/Mo
For all the latest Shenzhen apartment listings, check out NowShenzhen.com/apartments.
Featured Job Posts
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Jobs:
- [Yantian] (Full Time) - High School A-level Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry/English Teacher @Pro1 HR
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - Logistics Cust. Services @ SZ FST Logistics Co., Ltd.
- [Shenzhen] (Part Time) - Camgirl @ Aozhijian Food Shenzhen Co., LTD
For the latest Shenzhen job posts, check out NowShenzhen.com/jobs.
Featured Event Posts
This Week’s Featured Upcoming Shenzhen Events:
- Trivia Night @ The Flames | 11/14 (Every Monday) @2pm
- I Meat You Wednesday @ Tequila Coyotes|11/16 @All Day
- The Grand Expedition @ Mix World Shenzhen Bay| 11/15 @7am
For the full event calendar of happenings in Shenzhen, check out NowShenzhen.com/events.
Have apartment, job, event, guide, or directory submissions to submit? Head on over to NowShenzhen.com/submit.
Enjoying the NowShenzhen updates and community and want to advertise? Email us at [email protected] or scan below to connect to our official WeChat account and send a message containing “interested in advertising” and we’ll follow up with you directly!