Anyone have a graphic handy - a Turkey kicking a soccer ball wearing a Trump wig - anyone? Perhaps being chased by a Covid tester 🙃. Please get it over to us via Wechat or by simply responding to this email. *end digression*
Covid numbers remain low - total of 20 cases as yesterday, 2 from community screening. Longhua, Nanshan, Futian, Bao'an, Pingshan, and Guangming districts all continue to make the cut. Guangzhou continues to steal the Covid Spotlight - adding over 9200 cases yesterday. Here's the latest long format publication on the situation published on Saturday
The World Cup and the Thanksgiving are the talk of the town this week. We've highlighted Salt & Talk's Thanksgiving dinner event as well as a publication from our friends over at EatShenzhen outlining all the choice spots to celebrate the holiday. Between his article and our events page you can count yourself amongst the most well-informed going into the feasting holiday. For a brief read on where you can catch all the Football games over the next month please take a moment to review Joseph's post covering the best venues for viewing.
For those of you not following the drama surrounding the hand over of Twitter to one Elon Musk, here's a peek into one of the latest headlines that finally made it into the local press: Trump's Twitter account reinstated following vote, 'could help his election.' Iconic hair aside - The COP 27 climate summit ended yesterday and G20 is now falling into the rearview as well. You'll have to Google your way to better publications on those topics.
In events we'd like to highlight the first ever Beer Crawl being put together by our mates at EatShenzhen. It aims to be unique and noteworthy event, worthy your time (in our humble opinion). Also, please take note that the Sexy PJ event will be changes to Westwood.
Gooble Gooble Gooble Goooooooooal Folks!
-David & The NowShenzhen Team
P.S. - Please let us know how we're doing! We're always eager to improve, and we'd like to do so based on your input! You can reply directly to this email or get in touch with me personally on wechat: david-d-ho. Thanks!
This Week’s Featured News:
- Guangzhou continues to Surge: 9538 New Covid-19 Cases Reported
- Trump's Twitter account reinstated following vote, 'could help his election'
- Where to Watch Every FIFA World Cup Game in Shenzhen
For the latest Shenzhen news, check out NowShenzhen.com/news.
Featured Apartment Listings
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Apartments:
- [Shekou] -Low Flr Apt @ Peninsula2 - 4BR - 140㎡ - 14000/Mo
- [Nanshan] - Modern Elegant Apt @Wanxia -3BR-270㎡-20000/Mo
- [Shekou] - Nice Large Apt @ Shuiwan - 2BR - 80㎡- 8000/Mo
- [Nanshan] - Large Apt w Good View @Dongjiaotou-3BR-110㎡-14500/Mo
- [Shekou] - Large Apt w Great View @ Haiyue-4BR-164㎡-25000/Mo
For all the latest Shenzhen apartment listings, check out NowShenzhen.com/apartments.
Featured Job Posts
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Jobs:
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - KD Teacher in SZ @ Leadsasia Human Resources Ltd,co
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - High Sch Economics teachers @ Chucai
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - KD English Teacher @ Chucai
For the latest Shenzhen job posts, check out NowShenzhen.com/jobs.
Featured Event Posts
This Week’s Featured Upcoming Shenzhen Events:
- Thanksgiving @ Salt & Talk | 11/24 @7pm
- A Sexy Ladies PJ Party @ Residence G | 11/26 @7pm
- Bar Crawl Event by Eat Shenzhen | 12/3 @11am
- All You Can Drink @ Westwood Fire & Smoke| 11/22 All Day
For the full event calendar of happenings in Shenzhen, check out NowShenzhen.com/events.
Have apartment, job, event, guide, or directory submissions to submit? Head on over to NowShenzhen.com/submit.
Enjoying the NowShenzhen updates and community and want to advertise? Email us at [email protected] or scan below to connect to our official WeChat account and send a message containing “interested in advertising” and we’ll follow up with you directly!