Covid is squarely in the spotlight this cycle. For those of you that haven't been following, those covid hot spots that polka-dot the nation have been rapidly growing in size and number over the past several weeks. As of Friday Beijing (1860) , Chongqing (6500), Guangzhou (8476) & Hebei province (3375) have cases numbering in the 1000's as the national trend continues to steadily climb upwards. Several dozen other cities are also breaking the double and triple digit marks as of this writing.
Locally cases continue to climb upwards (Friday: 43, Saturday: 83, Sunday: 126). Most alarmingly, 20 cases were found in community screening yesterday. Late last night the local government released the following work from home "recommendation" order. All restaurant, indoor entertainment venues, etc have been mandated to reduce capacity to 50% - you know the drill. We'd recommend reserved caution moving forward - although a full scale lockdown is unlikely given other lockdown-related events that transpired this past week on the national stage (Google this yourself) - we're confident we'll all feel the squeeze once more in the weeks ahead.
In local news Shenzhen opened 2 new metro rail lines as of 10am this morning - line 12 and an addition to line 6. Jing-A just opened a brand spanking new tap room in the G&G creative community in Nanshan. For something to look forward to from tinsel town here's an article detailing the release date of the sequel to Avatar - 13 years in the making.
The World Cup remains the focal point for most events happening around town - have a look at our full events page to locate a suitable venue for your viewing needs. We'd like to once again highlight the upcoming beer crawl event coming up this Saturday - there are only a few tickets remaining for this unique activity so reach out to Joseph asap if you'd like to join.
Be kind to yourself out there!
-David & The NowShenzhen Team
P.S. - Please let us know how we're doing! We're always eager to improve, and we'd like to do so based on your input! You can reply directly to this email or get in touch with me personally on wechat: david-d-ho. Thanks!
This Week’s Featured News:
- Shenzhen Citizens Encourage to Work from Home for 1 Week
- Shenzhen Metro Line 12 and Addition to Line 6 Open Today
- Jing-A Opens New Taproom in G&G - Featuring a Shenzhen Beer
For the latest Shenzhen news, check out NowShenzhen.com/news.
Featured Apartment Listings
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Apartments:
- [Shekou] -Modern w Seaview @ Coastal Rose-2BR-82㎡-12500/Mo
- [Nanshan] - Large Apt w Seaview @Dongjiaotou-2BR-80㎡-8000/Mo
- [Shekou] - Elegant Apt @ Shuiwan - 3BR - 88㎡- 12000/Mo
- [Nanshan]- Apt w Good View @ Sea World-3BR-78㎡-2800/Mo
- [Shekou] - Large Apt w Seaview @ Sea World-3BR-140㎡-27000/Mo
For all the latest Shenzhen apartment listings, check out NowShenzhen.com/apartments.
Featured Job Posts
This Week’s Featured Shenzhen Jobs:
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - Kindergarten Teacher @ Leadsasia Human Resources Company
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - Pre-School Teacher @ Leadsasia Human Resources Company
- [Shenzhen] (Full Time) - KD English Teacher @ Chucai
For the latest Shenzhen job posts, check out NowShenzhen.com/jobs.
Featured Event Posts
This Week’s Featured Upcoming Shenzhen Events:
- Trivia Nights @ The Flames | 11/28 @8pm
- AmCham Webinar on IPR Advancements and Cooperation | 11/29 @930am
- Bar Crawl Event by Eat Shenzhen | 12/3 @11am
For the full event calendar of happenings in Shenzhen, check out NowShenzhen.com/events.
Have apartment, job, event, guide, or directory submissions to submit? Head on over to NowShenzhen.com/submit.
Enjoying the NowShenzhen updates and community and want to advertise? Email us at [email protected] or scan below to connect to our official WeChat account and send a message containing “interested in advertising” and we’ll follow up with you directly!