Lixiang Park is one of the lesser known parks in Shenzhen. A short hop from Shenzhen University, this is often neglected by most. This is a little different from other parks in Shenzhen as it has no distinctive features that make it unique, its simply a nice green park. Favoured by the locals, especially in the evenings, this is medium size and can be explored in an hour or so. It has got lots of trees and lots of greenery, so it is well shaded and cool to walk around. There are lots of benches and rest areas, as well as a large grassy area to have a picnic, fly a kite or play some games. There are 2 main gates, both with convenient transportation options. Dotted around the park are several sculptures and statues each representing a different theme.
It’s a nice option for a morning, afternoon or evening walk but possibly not worth travelling too far for. It could be combined with the nearby options in the neighbourhood such as the ground of Shenzhen University, the Nanshan Museum, or Nantou Ancient Town.
- Address: Lixiang park, Nanguang Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 深圳 南山區南光路荔香公園
- By Metro: Taoyuan metro station (line 1) exit A
Written by Joe Macpherson at www.wanderlustwelshman.com
Other Shenzhen Parks
- Lianhuashan Park – One Of Shenzhen’s Iconic Places
- Shenzhen Central Park
- Shenzhen Talent Park
- Expat Family Life in China: Park Adventures
- Honey Park – A Sweet Escape from The City
- A Park for the People
- World Famous Art village in Shenzhen
- Baishilong Music Park: Making Music in Longhua
- Evergreen Eco Resort in Nanshan
Popular Hong Kong Parks
Support Our Affiliates
- JumpStory – 3 months of free and unlimited access to stock photography
- Readwise – Get the most out of what you read revisit and learn from your ebook & article highlights. Get an extra free month.
- Mailchimp Email marketing, start your community newsletter
- Pipedrive Get your sales pipeline in order
- Hover Start your new website today
- Libro.fm Listen to Audio books first month free
- UberEats Hungry? Get HK$60 off your first 2 Uber Eats orders of HK$120 or more. Terms apply. Use my code at checkout: eats-ubershenzhenparty
- Uber Brent has given you a FREE Uber ride (up to HK$50).