Shenzhen has many greenways and walking routes, and the Dasha river walk is among the best of them. Extending from Shenzhen Bay park all the way to Xili, this spans 10KM or so and is a great choice for a weekend trek or an after-work jog.
Over the last several years this has been cleaned up and turned into an ecological greenway, and Shenzhen has done a marvelous job in restoring it to its natural rugged self. The river gradually narrows as you go along, becoming more of a ‘wetlands’ style area than a lake.
The path is clean, wide and easy to walk. It will usually be busy with families but there is still room for everyone. There are many rests stops along the way, with benches, and grassy areas perfect to sit and relax on.
The star attraction of this greenway is nature. The river is a haven for birds, with many avid birdwatchers coming to take photographs. With so much flora and fauna around, the cornucopia of colors can be astounding. So many wildflowers allowed to grow, makes a refreshing change from the pristine, but equally beautiful, Shenzhen parks.
Around halfway along the river, there is a large sign that says ‘Dasha River’. This is an exit point to go to DaShaHe Park, and IKEA. You can exit here if you want to look around or get a bus taxi back to wherever.
There are also exits at Chaguan Station exit C and Xili Lake Station too. Or you can start/end at Shenzhen Bay Park. The choices are up to you
To find out more interesting places to go or see in Shenzhen, please keep following the Shenzhen Party official WeChat. Or you can connect with me directly.
Want to read about more cool and interesting places in Shenzhen? Here are some links to some other places you can explore and enjoy. And please keep following for more updates about wonderful Shenzhen to explore.
- Shenzhen Central Park
- Shenzhen Talent Park
- Expat Family Life in China: Park Adventures
- Honey Park – A Sweet Escape from The City
- A Park for the People
- World Famous Art village in Shenzhen
- Baishilong Music Park: Making Music in Longhua
- Evergreen Eco Resort in Nanshan
Support Our Affiliates
- JumpStory – 3 months of free and unlimited access to stock photography
- Readwise – Get the most out of what you read revisit and learn from your ebook & article highlights. Get an extra free month.
- Mailchimp Email marketing, start your community newsletter
- Pipedrive Get your sales pipeline in order
- Hover Start your new website today
- Libro.fm Listen to Audio books first month free
- UberEats Hungry? Get HK$60 off your first 2 Uber Eats orders of HK$120 or more. Terms apply. Use my code at checkout: eats-ubershenzhenparty
- Uber Brent has given you a FREE Uber ride (up to HK$50).
All Pictures Taken By Joe Macpherson